I don't have a clue if this is going to work, but if it does, Woooo Hoooo ~ please let me know!!!
I tried to find our website so I could post and I finally found a way to get to it and its all in Chinese!
What an incredible several days here, halfway around the world, bringing home our daughter. I sit and wonder a lot: How am I worthy?
Meeting MeiLi was terrifying, but nothing close to what she was feeling. She screamed her head off the whole time and wanted nothing to do with me, or the candy I was offering.
Alas, after total exhaustion, she fell asleep on my chest. But not before she pointed to a little plastic lizard stuck on our guides window of his car, and I told her the sign for lizard. She repeated it! And now its among her favorite toys ~ her little plastic lizard (whom she proudly knows his sign - lizard), her photo book of her family (she points out the pictures to me while I give her the signs), and her squeaky shoes - all she has left from her life in its entirety from the orphanage. She layed down last night to sleep next to me, clutching her photo book and soiled squeaky shoes. So cute and so heartbreaking all the same.
I'm going to try and post this to see if it works, then continue...
Monday, August 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our "Yingesman" at his deaf school
Amira Netsanet 'cute as a bug's ear'
1 comment:
Oh Lisa so glad to know that you have MeiLi. Her clutching to her dirty squeeky shoes reminded me of my Paul clinging for dear life the clothes that he came from the orphanage. I still get emotional thinking about how he was sobbing and holding onto those clothes as if to say "this is it...this is all I have left of my 'home'." Can't wait to see pictures!!
Post a Comment