I grieve for MeiLi's loss, that later only her unconscious will know. I grive the loss that her birthmom had to endure. It is a sacrifice, a loss... a depth I will never know. But it remains a commonality in the formation of my family. Bittersweet. And yet there is a red thread that connects us: Mommy and birthmom ~ MeiLi, Milan, Amira.
I held her clothes again (the ones MeiLi was found in), knowing that her two Moms touched them. I traced the threads in the hat she probably sewed.
Tomorrow we leave Hunan. The province from which our daughter hails.
Intense grief. But still a lump in my throat. On the outside, sheer joy.
I watch her sleep, and again, feel so humbled.
Leaving Hunan. MeiLi's life changed forever.
My life changed forever. By two beautiful bio children, two Ethiopian angels, one Spicy Hunan girl, and an incredible husband.
Whatever has made me worthy, Thank you, God.
And thank you, Jonathan. What a beautiful life we have created together........
Friday, August 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our "Yingesman" at his deaf school
Amira Netsanet 'cute as a bug's ear'
2 comments:
I have cried at all of your post. Each and everyone since you started posting from China.
I know what you are feeling at this time. Leaving Hunan, the only home your child has known. We went throught the same thing 6 months ago when we brought LilyRose home. Your emotions are all over the place.
Enjoy the rest of your trip, it flies by from this point on.
MeiLi has a birthday card waiting for her when she gets home. It's from her Chenzhou sister, LilyRose.
Good luck to you and your family.
Lisa
wow - thank you for opening your miracle up to us to share. We have an amazing God! What an incredible gift to be a part of the body & through your experiences glimpse behind the curtain into heaven
Post a Comment