Monday, August 6, 2007

Is it working?

Turns out, I cannot view my post. So if someone could let me know - send an email to deafadopt@gmail.com and hepmexzona@msn.com to let me know that would be GREAT!

So back to MeiLi...

She is SO smart. She is so fragile too. She can hold her head up and sit, but so far, looks like she cannot crawl or stand. No problem. Soon, her brothers and sisters will have a hard time keeping up with HER!

She signed "Mommy" today. And smiles at me often. What a gift. What a miracle.

Today our adoption was FINALIZED!!! YES!!! She is officially our daughter!!! We had her little footprints made, the adoption certificate, pictures, and the last 'interview.' When the guy asked me, "do you swear you will never abandon this child?" I felt a lump in my throat the size of Avogadro's number. I left it there, only to choke out "good heavens no! NEVER!" Because had I swallowed, the floodgates would have opened and I would have cried an UGLY cry - the gasping gaping sobbing drooling kind. The whole experience, lumped into one big sob. The same feeling I had today as I held the clothes she wore when she was left on the steps of the Chenzhou SWI. What a treasure they are. Her tattered hat, her socks, her split pants and little shirt. I held them to my face and breathed in her life. Her birthmom held these clothes and wished for her daughter to have a better life. I said a prayer that she will feel at peace now. MeiLi is home.

How are we worthy, God? how...

This child as our others are little bundles of miracles. Nothing less..

We also received, as a gift from Half the Sky Foundation, a baby book. Complete with descriptions and pictures. What a treasure. Someone knows how much this would mean to us. Speechless...

I prayed for MeiLi to know me as her mom. She does. In fact, today I had her in her little carrier, and she would not have me put her down! So alas I was, on the toilet doing my business... haha somewhere another adoptive mom can appreciate this! Others - don't be horrified. Its all good.

I'll try and post some more pictures, and wait to see if these posts are going through. I so hope...

xoxoxo

1 comment:

Jen Barbee said...

Yes Lisa - it is working. I e-mailed the other addresses to let you know also. I've had an ugly cry reading your blog. It brought back so many memories of the first days we spent with Lainie in May. So glad to see another Chenzhou Sweetie united with her family!!!


Our "Yingesman" at his deaf school

Amira Netsanet 'cute as a bug's ear'