Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Thank you - glad the posts are working...

Can you see pictures? Sounds like those didnt go thru... Everything is in Chinese so it is interesting trying to post.

I have this added skill of Mommyhood, that I can sit at the computer and type with MeiLi on my lap. Yesterday she fell asleep while I typed.

Today, though MeiLi is CLEARLY coming out of her shell.

For my prayer warriors from CWA... (you will appreciate this. thanks for praying for it!!!)... we went into a children's clothing store and Mom was buying MeiLi a hat and European sippy cup (very cool!) Meanwhile MeiLi had other things on her mind. She was pointing across the store, so I decided to walk toward the point until it landed on a MickyMouse sortof looking animal on a shelf. I lifted her towards it and when it fell on her she laughed the BIGGEST Santa Clause BELLY HOOT!!! I had tears in my eyes, laughing and crying all along with her. THANK YOU!!!!! Woooo Hooooo!!! Another prayer answered.

Since, she has laughed and smiled a bunch. She's a friendly little one - always waving bye bye to people and blowing kisses to Grandma. She definitely knows who is Mommy - it is still so amazing. She won't be held by anyone else, but wants to interact with everyone - "just don't touch me!" haha I carry her everywhere, except to eat. That is the only place she will sit apart from me, but has to be right next to me and I cannot move. Thank Goodness for Mom being willing to go back to the buffet to fill orders. We laughed that everyone thinks she might be eating for two. Or three. hahaha

MeiLi is also giving kisses now too. My heart melts.

Last night we slept sans squeaky shoes and picture book. Mommy seems to be enough. The heaviness from her face has lifted. Something I have wanted to take away...

Everyday is bringing more and more miracles. I think I might burst with joy. Mom says every few minutes, "Wow, she is so beautiful. She is so precious." As though the words can hardly fill our thoughts and feelings, that we think it and repeat it, marveling at this precious being. Again, I am so humbled.

Off to the Embroidery factory to bring a small piece of Hunan home ~ a treasure from the province that MeiLi hails. And boy does she hail. :)

Spicy, beautiful, amazing, sensational... and those don't even remotely capture MeiLi Lan Chuinard Hepner.

Until later...

No comments:


Our "Yingesman" at his deaf school

Amira Netsanet 'cute as a bug's ear'