I wasn't prepared for this…
Searching for an adoption agency that would place Deaf children, I finally found one who had someone that would search for my kids.
After receiving our referrals for two deaf children, I had a lot of time to read, study, talk with people, and "gather horror stories." I did this because I wanted to be PREPARED for EVERYTHING so nothing came as a shock.
The tears are flowing down my face as I write this, sharing with you my experience so far of bringing home two of the MOST AMAZING children that I have ever met. For this, I was not prepared.
I was not prepared for them to be so loving and attach so quickly.
I was not prepared to fall so deeply in love with these children, whom I just met in person a month ago.
I was not prepared for them to know me exclusively as their Mommy almost from day one, but trusting me as their Mommy today. Daddy is equally the same.
I was not prepared to go from two to four children and have things go so smoothly.
I was not prepared for outings in the car to go so relatively with ease.
I was not prepared for so many strangers to comment on how well-behaved my children are.
I was not prepared for my children to listen so well.
I was not prepared to feel so comfortable in my shoes, so FULL in my heart, so happy in my soul.
Thank you, God.
Thank you, Adoption Guides.
Thank you, Amira Netsanet and Milan Yinges.
Thank you, Ethiopia.
The proudest, happiest, most honored Mom,
Lisa Hepner
Monday, March 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our "Yingesman" at his deaf school
Amira Netsanet 'cute as a bug's ear'
No comments:
Post a Comment